Oppidan follows 5 easy steps for covering every aspect of the building process. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, making sure that your experience is as smooth and efficient as possible.
5 Easy Steps
Free Home Design Consultation – For a free Initial Consultation contact us anytime or feel free to drop by the office to discuss your requirements. We will provide you with a sketch plan which will include the Contour survey, tree identification by arborist and soil classification testing, among many other features.
Oppidan’s Design Brief Methodology:
- Assistance in completing design brief methodology.
- Appointment of town planner.
- Liaise with town planner regarding DCP constraints.
- Liaise with town planner regarding consultants required by the Council.
- Complete site analysis form.
- Develop sketch plan in line with DCP constraints, budget and style requirements.
- Present 3D models including a comprehensive selection of fixtures, fittings and finishes.
- Review and amend sketch plan as required to accommodate your feedback.
To insure we provide you with prompt Council approval, we carry out the following tasks:
- Organising a pre-DA meeting with Council – if applicable. Attending the pre-DA meeting with Council.
- Presenting sketch plans, site analysis, photos of block and street.
- Discuss compliance with DCP.
- Taking minutes and reporting back to you on any required changes to design.
- Preparing preliminary working drawings.
- Presenting you with remaining proposed elevations plus revised floor plans.
- Making any changes required and revise plans accordingly.
- Once the sketch is presented to the client, the plans will be reviewed by our town planner & private certifier.
- Engaging and briefing hydraulic engineer.
- Liaising with the hydraulic engineer regarding specific proposed stormwater design.
- Engaging and briefing landscape designer and organising meeting with the client.
- Ensuring landscape designer and hydraulics engineer is advised of maximum hard surface area requirements for specific Council.
- Confirming details of all other consultants required for Council DA submission.
- Oppidan reviews all preliminary working drawings from a construction perspective.
Prepare and Submit Working Drawings – working with our designer, your house or renovation designs and plans are prepared and submitted to Council.
Plans include the following:
- Complete detailed dimensioning on the floor plan and working drawings including roof layout & section.
- We also engage all other consultants required for DA submission and liaise with the pool specialists where appropriate regarding design.
Liaise with Council and Prepare Specification – liaising with Council can be very time-consuming. To obtain your approval as quickly as possible,
We carry out the following steps:
- Submit DA application and related material to Council.
- Pro-actively liaise with Council during DA approval process, including actively following up of the building section in relation to advertising and neighbour complaints, engineering regarding the hydraulic design approval and the landscaping division in relation to the approval of the landscape plan.
- Meet with Council as required on all issues raised in relation to the DA application.
- Liaise with all consultants and the client regarding matters raised by Council and to provide regular progress reports in relation to the approval.
- Where required attend and address Council meetings and/or sub-committee meetings to address neighbour complaints and to talk to the merits of the application.
- Amend plans as necessary to obtain Council approval in consultation with the client.
- Liaise with consultants regarding any changes required to their reports and/or drawings to obtain the DA approval.
Once Council approval is received we execute the below steps:
- Review the conditions of DA approval including the commission of structural engineering drawings and liaise with an engineer regarding the design.
- Organise Sydney Water approval of plans.
- Prepare construction plans which include any changes required under the Council DA conditions.
- Organise final version of construction plans, window schedule, reflected ceiling layout and proposed electrical layout.
- Application of the construction certificate through Oppidan’s private certifier.
Constructing Homes Across Sydney – Oppidan is a licensed builder with over 30 years experience in the building industry. Because Oppidan carry out the construction of your new home, there’s no need to worry about communicating and negotiating with an endless number of subcontractors and suppliers in the Upper and Lower North Shore or Eastern Suburbs of Sydney.
Oppidan will build you a dream home within the proposed timeline with quality finishes and superb workmanship. We have access to an experienced team of interior decorators, landscapers and pool contractors so that you can move straight into the home of your dreams. We organise meeting with colourist for the confirmation of exterior selections and interior colour palette (if not completed before DA submission)